We’re happy to announce Virtual USB DevDays 2021. This year’s Virtual USB Developer Days, in addition to covering foundational USB concepts, will focus on the latest updates to USB Type-C®, USB4™ and USB Power Delivery for the fastest, most powerful USB solution to date. Please note that most of the USB4-related materials repeat last year’s content although there will be some updates specific to design guidelines, compliance, and testing. For this year, the bigger news is about USB Power Delivery and the new ability to deliver up to 240W of power.
Through our virtual platform, attendees will have the opportunity to interact with USB experts, exhibitors, and other members. At this event, you will have the opportunity to binge watch USB content over the course of the first two weeks, then participate in various scheduled LIVE sessions for the final two weeks.
Virtual Event offerings:
- All prerecorded sessions will be available on-demand at the start of the event
- Send experts questions through 1:1 Chat or wait and participate in their LIVE Session Q&As
- Scheduled Sessions LIVE
- Keynote Presentations
- Session Q&As – plenty of opportunity to ask the experts
- Exhibitor Showcase
- Interactive Exhibitor Booths
- Attendee 1:1 Networking and Chat
When: Sessions will be available on-demand beginning November 22, 2021 at 9 AM PT. LIVE sessions will be scheduled for December 6 – 14, 2021 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM GMT+8 for Asia attendees and between 7:00AM-11:00AM PT for US/EU attendees. The detailed event agenda will be posted within the event site and sent via email by November 22.
Where: Online (a personalized virtual space link will be sent via email to registrants on or before November 22).
Cost: Early-Bird Members (until November 12 at 5:00 PM PT) US$125.00
Late Members (after November 12 at 5:01 PM PT) US$170.00
No refunds will be made on cancellations.
Registration for Virtual USB DevDays is available here. Attendee registration closes on Friday, November 19 at 12 PM PT, or when the event sells out.
Technical Sessions (subject to change):
The agenda below represent what you can expect with over 20 hours of technical presentations along with open Q&A sessions.
- Keynote/Branding Overview
- USB Type-C® System Overview
- Basic USB system fundamentals and how the family of USB specifications work together for a complete solution
- USB4™ Sessions
- USB4™ System Overview – including the latest updates
- USB4™ Compliance – overview and latest updates
- USB4™ Deep Dive topics: 16 sessions covering electricals, logical/transport layers, protocol tunneling, re-drivers/re-timers, active cables, time sync, and more with two new sessions covering LRD cable compliance and USB4 Electrical Test Tool
- USB4™ System Design – implementation-oriented guidelines
- USB4™ Cable Design – implementation-oriented guidelines
- USB Power Delivery Sessions
- USB Type-C® & Power Delivery – Connection Fundamentals
- USB Type-C® & Power Delivery – Charging
- USB Power Delivery – Delivering Up to 240W ß Specifications just released
- USB Type-C® – Delivering Up to 240W ß Specifications just released
- USB Type-C® & USB Power Delivery – Certification
- Experts Open Q&A Panel Sessions
- USB4™ Experts
- USB Type-C®/USB Power Delivery Experts
Sponsor and Exhibitor Opportunities:
Applications for sponsors and exhibitors are being accepted now. Contact USB-IF Admin to learn of opportunities and benefits associated with being a sponsor or exhibitor. Act fast, the deadline to register as a sponsor or exhibitor is Friday, November 5th at 5:00 PM PT. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to increase your company’s exposure at this virtual event and demonstrate your company's industry leadership in advancing the USB landscape. Please note we are accepting event exhibitors and sponsors on a first come, first serve basis, and limiting the number of sponsors to three (3). In order to complete your application, please review, sign, and return the Sponsor/Exhibitor Agreement to email@example.com.